homestead - Re: [Homestead] Organic and us

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Organic and us
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 13:38:39 -0700

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0522-09.htm "Outcry Over Rule Changes that Allow More Pesticides, Hormones"

http://www.organicconsumers.org/News/foodByt3.html
History of the weakening of the word "organic" after the USDA got involved.

Involvement by the feds has turned factory farms into organic farms. Free range chickens into chickens that are "caged" in warehouses and never see the light of day. Organic dairies into cement pad "caged" cow factories. Add in WallyWorld and you might as well hand over the "keys" to organic farming to Monsanto!

James and I don't agree on much <g> but we do on what has happened to "organic." Anything the feds touch turned to shit and not the kind we use to grow veggies!

Lynda