homestead - Re: [Homestead] Organic and us

  • From: "JUDITH MCDONALD" <jammin03 AT msn.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Organic and us
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 13:18:51 -0700

Well this, too, would be another concern if WalMart offers organics. First, is it organic in label only and then will those truly growing organic be put out of business by being underpriced??? Or will WalMart contract with them so that they can continue operating at a loss for longer?

Are you aware of Safeway's practices in the 60's? (and probably still today) They would go into a neighborhood, open store, offer products at way low prices (loss prices for them) until they put local mom&pop stores out of business and then immediately raise their prices. This is what happens with the box stores still. Home Depot put 2 local lumberyards out of busniess just last year. Truly, at what price the low cost?

It's a desperate world, my friend. Live very carefully.

"The birth of that marvelous wish in your soul-the dawning of that secret dream-was the Voice of God himself telling you to arise and come up higher because he had need of you." Emmet Fox