homestead - Re: [Homestead] A point of view

  • From: Kathyann <knat AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A point of view
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 19:38:20 -0600

Magnus wrote:

The wiretaps are, briefly, of a percentage of ALL calls that have one end
outside of the US. The wiretaps CONTINUE if a voice or a word is detected
that might be of interest.

Sorry to participate in this kinda unhomesteady, but entertaining, thread but this came in in a different group and I thought it might fit.

Kathyann (who's had a tough day being "retrained" to lie to parents and submit personal data on their children to the state, under federal directive.)

Inside! Fresh Google search terms to confound Dubya and the FBI. Also: Is
Bush a fascist?
By Mark Morford
Attention, all who are reading this column right now, please put down your
drink and leap up off the couch and put your pants back on and log in to
Google and type the words "hot bunny terrorist fluffer banana" into the
comely and world-beloved Google search engine. Do it. Do it now.
Oh no wait, make it "Osama butt pancake lube explosives yay." Or better yet,
try "homemade nuke porn lollipop kiddie nipple bomb!!!" (Be sure to include
extra exclamation points because as we all know, Dubya isn't the brightest
of presidents and these will add zing and personality to your entry and make
your search terms -- the very ones the Bush administration is right now
subpoenaing the Google
<http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/01/20/MNGEVGQED31.DTL>
corporation to gain access to -- really stand out to the FBI and the
Department of Justice, which are always in need of a little zing).
It shall be a mini-movement. It shall be called "Operation Screw With the
DOJ and Make Lynne Cheney Squirm." It shall be a big national gigglefest as
we watch George W. Bush's gummint work to force and coerce the search
engines of the nation to turn over their massive logs of search terms, all
in an effort to see what perverted and criminal-minded people like you are
really searching for, and sure you can defend yourself and claim it's
pictures of Brangelina or recipes for blood orange/vodka body shots or just
what the hell is wrong with Samuel Alito to make him look so wan and
malicious, when we all know you're really looking for, of course, massive
amounts of porn. And so are your kids.
Is it not just the warmest and nicest sensation? Is it not just pleasing to
your core to know that your government is right now trying to track your
behavior in a whole new and unsettling way, using the vague excuse that
they're trying to "protect" children from online porn (an effort, by the
way, to reinstate nasty anti-porn laws that were blocked by the Supreme
Court two years ago)? Are we now utterly charmed to death that this is the
most invasive and appallingly mistrustful administration since Nixon
secretly beat himself with nails? ...
(click here to read the rest) <http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/gate/archive/2006/01/25/notes012506.DTL&nl=fix>
(Full URL:
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/gate/archive/2006/01/25/notes012506.DTL&nl=fix)