homestead - Re: [Homestead] A point of view

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A point of view
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:30:27 EST

In a message dated 1/25/2006 11:17:57 AM Eastern Standard Time, d
on.bowen AT earthlink.net writes:

<The 4th amendment, illegal search and seizure with wiretaps on US citizens
<without a search warrant.

Bush did call on leaders of both parties, and requested a ruling from
whitehouse attourneys on the legality of this before proceeding, It has , of
course, not been determined he did anything at all wrong here, or that
Presidential
powers in time of war do not allow this, so to state this as a violation is
incorrect. Personally, if the President, no matter who he or she is gets a
call saying the terrorists we are tracking, that have promised attacks in
the
US are calling people in the US, I would hope they would make the same
decision every time. The first job of our Gov. is to protect us, and this is
a Known
enemy.

<Overuse of signing statements when he wants to ignore laws passed by
<congress.

Now this one, I don't get, what do you mean by this???

<Iraq WMD.

Congress agreed on the existence of WMD, Clinton agreed, and those multi-
mile long convoys of trucks our satelite photos show entering and exiting
several suspected deposit sites and heading for Syria, before the inspectors
arrived lead me to believe they were all correct. Besides, It is a fact the
WMD
existed, the debate was over whether they had been destroyed per agreement
by
the Iraqi's. After throwing the inspectors out, they claim to have finished
the job on their own, but neither the physical or written evidence exists of
this. Saddam threw out the inspectors, stated he would NOT destroy any more
of
his WMD. But you believe he actually did destroy them???? Why???

<And so on.

We'll see

Drew