homestead - Re: [Homestead] A point of view

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A point of view
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:04:32 -0800

War has to be declared.

And there are laws in place for how to do these wire taps. He had 72 hours after doing them to get the official papers. He said "that doesn't apply to me." That is thumbing one's nose.

Furthermore, I think folks are missing the single most important thing here. Proof that any of those wire taps were necessary OR productive.

Won't be long before we find out he secretly wears dresses also.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <DSanner106 AT aol.com>

Bush did call on leaders of both parties, and requested a ruling from
whitehouse attourneys on the legality of this before proceeding, It has , of
course, not been determined he did anything at all wrong here, or that Presidential
powers in time of war do not allow this, so to state this as a violation is
incorrect. Personally, if the President, no matter who he or she is gets a
call saying the terrorists we are tracking, that have promised attacks in the
US are calling people in the US, I would hope they would make the same
decision every time. The first job of our Gov. is to protect us, and this is a Known
enemy.