homestead - Re: [Homestead] Speaking of homesteading

  • From: "Rob Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Speaking of homesteading
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 19:40:43 -0500

Tonight the wind is still blowing steadily at at least 40 mph. We've had a
wind advisory all day, which was supposed to end at 6. Sundown generally
quiets things down, but it hasn't tonight. At least all the barn babies are
snug, and it's so windy that the coyotes seem to have taken the night off.

Hey Marie,

Tell us more about your place, like William asked. I forget about your place also.

Wind has been howling here in south-central Va also. Sun is down but has not stopped. I was building a driveway through (and around) the mud hole that the elec co-op's trucks left when they hooked up my lights.

Well, I ended up with a nicely curving driveway to not have to pass right through the mud hole. I is picturesque :>)

I have started to just move in my trailer. No well yet, guy is afraid he won't get his truck out, too wet. Also these people STILL don't have all the siding back on the trailer, but I got to get moved in.

Hope your wind has died down. I heard that this county had a problem with coyotes when I bought here, but haven't heard or seen one yet.

Rob