homestead - Re: [Homestead] A point of view

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A point of view
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:30:06 -0800

At 1/25/2006, you wrote:
War has to be declared.

War is declared against nations, we have not done that even though we sling the word around as if we had.

And there are laws in place for how to do these wire taps. He had 72 hours
after doing them to get the official papers. He said "that doesn't apply to
me." That is thumbing one's nose.

He has said several things do not apply in objection to well over 500 in signing statements. In the well over 200 years before only 75 signing statements were issued. He and his string handlers do not feel laws apply to them and they are not afraid to tell us so.

One problem with a warrant is is that you need "probable cause" which they did not have. Think about that for a while and about how badly misused the word terrorist is these days.

Furthermore, I think folks are missing the single most important thing here.
Proof that any of those wire taps were necessary OR productive.

In one case already the lawyers have filed briefs asking if illegal wiretaps were used.

Won't be long before we find out he secretly wears dresses also.

Interesting reference.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up
http://www.braingarage.com

My travel journal