homestead - Re: [Homestead] A point of view

  • From: "Melody O." <melody AT crecon.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A point of view
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 23:50:35 -0700

At 01:30 PM 1/25/2006 EST, you wrote:

>In a message dated 1/25/2006 11:17:57 AM Eastern Standard Time, d
>on.bowen AT earthlink.net writes:
>
><The 4th amendment, illegal search and seizure with wiretaps on US citizens
><without a search warrant.
>

>Bush did call on leaders of both parties, and requested a ruling from
>whitehouse attourneys on the legality of this before proceeding, It has ,
of
>course, not been determined he did anything at all wrong here, or that
Presidential
>powers in time of war do not allow this, so to state this as a violation is
>incorrect. Personally, if the President, no matter who he or she is gets a
>call saying the terrorists we are tracking, that have promised attacks in
the
>US are calling people in the US, I would hope they would make the same
>decision every time. The first job of our Gov. is to protect us, and this
is a Known
>enemy.

If there is really anything to panic about, why are we sending almost all
of our troops half-way across the world? Why are they not, in fact,
protecting us here at home? And another thing, why are we fighting someone
else's war if we as a country are in such jeapordy?

I think Iraq is merely a decoy to keep our eyes off of what is *really*
going on, and gives a great excuse to use unnecessary power.

Best wishes,
Melody