homestead - Re: [Homestead] A point of view

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A point of view
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 19:27:30 -0600

Gene:

<<Any law is ineffective unless enforced upon violation found. Our ultimate
finders are nine justices. Nine humans applying their version of what the
Constitution means. Hence the intense struggle to stack the court with
those who interpret the Court literally versus substantively depending on
circumstances.>>

Alito scares me silly because of his evident deep believe in a president
with unlimited powers in wartime. This so-called war isn't going to end in
our lifetimes or probably the next generation's lifetime. If we allow the
president to do what he wants, we may as well use the Constitution for
kindling. Limiting the power of the monarch was what got us started on the
American Experiment.

Marie