baslinux - Re: [BL] Xvesa Xli Images

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Xvesa Xli Images
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 17:17:32 +0000

On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 11:54:03PM +0000, sindi keesan wrote:
> > A quick search on i810 and video RAM reveals that in order to use more
> > than the 512K or 1MB video RAM assigned by BIOS, you need a kernel
> > compiled with agpgart or to insert agpgart.o. I don't recall if my
> > kernels support that module. (I ran across it but could not make any sense
> > of it). David's 2.4.31 or Steven's 'big' kernel might. Check for the
> > module in the userspec.tgz or the online list for 2.2.26.
>
> agpgart is not included in 2.2 but is provided as a patch.
>
> You need 2.4 anyway for your serial card. Check David's kernel and
> modules first. I can add to mine if needed.
>
> agpgart is used by agp cards (and onboard AGP video).

It's there in David's 2.4.31. I loaded the module and put it in my
/etc/rc too.

And it's in my debian kernel config, too, as a module. Loaded at boot.
With my BIOS set just like it is.

Good thinking!

But the conversion with

jpegtopnm monica13.jpg | ppmdither -red 4 -green 4 -blue 4 | \
ppmtobmp >/tmp/2.bmp

Is setting the depth at 8 bit. Know how to make it do 16?

Lee

--
BasicLinux: Small is Beautiful
http://www.basiclinux.com.ru