baslinux - Re: [BL] NFS on BL3

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] NFS on BL3
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 13:37:10 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> > rpc.portmap
> > rpc.mountd
> > rpc.nfsd
>
> These files are in SW7.1 tcpip1.tgz but not in BL3
> - should I add them?

For BL3 you get them from tcpip1.tgz in Slackware 4.0.

> > insmod sunrpc (not needed for bzimage.big)
>
> "can't handle sections of type 256"

Which kernel are you using?

> Same for pentium kernel 2.2.26 with BL2.

IIRC the BL2 kernel does not require those modules
(similar to the BL3 big kernel).

> I am using the .p1 kernel

The p1 kernel from the BL3 site?

> I had 'can't handle sections of type" problems recently
> with some other modules, I forget which, that worked with
> 2.4.31 kernels but not 2.2.26 or 2.2.16.
>
> non-pentium kernels don't boot on two computers due to
> memory confusion.

It sounds to me like this could be a hardware issue.
Sound types of hardware need special kernel parameters
(at compile time) to function correctly.