baslinux - Re: [BL] NFS on BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] NFS on BL3
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 03:15:27 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

For BL3 would we need to insert additional modules
or use the larger kernel?

bzimage.big should work. You'll also need ipfwadm
or ipchains (both are in tcpip2.tgz in Slackware 4.0).

BL2 does not have ipfwadm.

You can add it (or ipchains) from Slackware 7.1.

Do I put BL1 (ramdisk or floppy disk) on both
computers or just one?

Only the gateway computer runs ifpwadm (or ipchains).
The other computers simply route to it using the
route command (which is in every version of BL).

On the non-firewall computer (which is supposed to share the dialup connection of the gateway computer)
insmod 3c69x
ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.1
route add default gw 192.168.1.2

If I type 'route' I see an additional line about default lois

This computer is running BL2 with kernel 2.4.31.

I downloaded both SW71 (BL2) and SW40 (BL3) tcpip2.tgz and copied
the package's /sbin/ipfwadm and ipfwadm-wrapper and ipchains to /sbin.

BL2 - bare.i kernel:

insmod 3c59x
ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.2

ipfwadm -F -p deny
First I was told I needed ipfwadm-wrapper and then ipchains (which I had not yet copied over) then a warning to enable IP forwaring:
`echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward'
I typed this without the ` ' and it accepted it

ipfwadm -F -a m -S basicnet/24
ifpwadm -I -a deny -S 127.0.0.0 -w ppp0
ipfwadm -I -a deny -S basicnet/24 -w ppp0

None of these three lines worked.
head: illegal option --4 and bash syntax error (busybox 1.10 bash in my case)

So I tried the Bl3 'big' kernel and bl3 standard busybox (1.00?).
Now even ipfwadm -F -p deny won't work, and for all four of the ipfwadm lines (or if I type just ipfwadm) I see:

/sbin/ipfwadm: 13: /sbin/ipfwadm-wrapper: not found

What is not found? I have /sbin/ipfwadm-wrapper - a script, lpchains - a libc5 binary, ipfwadm-2.30 - libc5 binary, also 'not found', ipfwadm - a script.

Steven, have you tried this with the big BL3 or the SW71 bare.i kernel?
Do I need something additional from tcip2.tgz? Is the wrapper looking for something? It was not, for SW7.1, where it worked with bare.i once.

the 'wrapper' script says not to mix it with ipchains but that comes with
the package and was called for in BL2.

I am getting increasingly confused. At least NFS worked.

I can't use BL1 with my ethernet cards, module does not work.

How would I do this with ipchains instead of ipfwadm?