baslinux - Re: [BL] NFS on BL3

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] NFS on BL3
  • Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 07:31:34 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> If I chroot to the other computer, can I use its internet connection?

No.

> We have a laptop with Windows and a PCMCIA wireless ethernet
> card with Windows drivers.

Is there a Linux driver for it?

> Is there some way to connect to the neighbor's broadband service
> via the Windows laptop

That's a Windows routing issue. I know nothing about
configuring Windows TCP/IP routing (nor even whether
it is possible).

> and then network with a linux computer and use a linux
> browser on the internet?

If the Windows computer gives you a TCP/IP gateway, then
Linux will be able to use it.

> I suppose I could pay money for a PCI wireless card.

Or run a floppy Linux (with wireless module) on the
Windows laptop. A Linux router/gateway/IPmask can
be quite small. Everything could fit on a single
floppy.

> Do we have an sshd? Have you tried it with BL?

We have an ssh client package for BL3. I seem to recall
someone running sshd on BL2 (?) a year or two back.