baslinux - Re: [BL] NFS on BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] NFS on BL3
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 23:56:24 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

For BL3 would we need to insert additional modules
or use the larger kernel?

bzimage.big should work. You'll also need ipfwadm
or ipchains (both are in tcpip2.tgz in Slackware 4.0).

I tried with BL2 and my newer kernel and it is missing 'Generic IP Firewall chains' - what do I change in config?

BL2 does not have ipfwadm.

You can add it (or ipchains) from Slackware 7.1.

I did, also ipfwadm-wrapper was needed, both in /sbin .

Do I put BL1 (ramdisk or floppy disk) on both
computers or just one?

Only the gateway computer runs ifpwadm (or ipchains).

The other computers simply route to it using the
route command (which is in every version of BL).

On the other computer I typed
route add -net 192.168.1.0
and got back 'route: SIOC[ADD|DEL]RT: Invalid argument.

Using my 2.4.31 kernel not set up for firewall.

route add default gw 192.168.1.2

This added default lois to the output of 'route', with genmask 0.0.0.0 and flags UG.

I will try both computers with BL3 'big' kernel after downloading tcpip2 for BL3. Some day.