baslinux - Re: [BL] can Xvesa zoom?

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] can Xvesa zoom?
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:16:25 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> Ctrl-Alt-+ or - changes screen size in Xfree86

Only when two (or more) screen sizes have been
specified in /etc/XF86Config

> but not in Xvesa.

Which done not use /etc/XF86Config

> Can Xvesa also enlarge the screen image somehow?

Not on the fly AFAIK.

> I cannot read the gs display in X.

Try a different -screen when you boot Xvesa.

> Perhaps I can come up with a default config file that
> will work on anything VESA 1.2 or greater, with any
> monitor, using that server, and assuming 2MB RAM and
> 1280 max resolution. Steven, perhaps you want to try
> this

Such a config file would be no good to me. The maximum
resolution on my best monitor is 800x600. My other two
monitors are 800x600 and 640x480.

> This would let BL users use computers that only go
> to 256 colors with iword and Links2

Or you could simply install the appropriate X packages
from Slackware 4.0 (and run xf86config). The Xserver
designed specifically for your video card (and correctly
configured for your monitor) will display better than
the generic Xvesa in BL3.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru