baslinux - Re: [BL] device or resource busy

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] device or resource busy
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 15:25:48 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> -c (like format) is BEFORE you put the filesystem on,

I think it works WHILE you put the filesystem on.
mke2fs checks the partition and then writes the
filesystem.

> and badblocks (like scandisk) is AFTER you have
> files on there?

BEFORE or AFTER, I think. Also, I think the -c
parameter of mke2fs might call badblocks for the
check.

> just inform you that they exist?

badblocks can put a list of badblocks in a file
for use by other utilities (like mke2fs).

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru