baslinux - Re: [BL] device or resource busy

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] device or resource busy
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 16:17:17 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> > But the iw program for linux provided by Iomega
> > (via Ron), when I try to run it, gives some error
> > message about modprobe not found,
>
> Two possible solutions:
> (1) symlink insmod to modprobe
> (2) edit iw (assuming it's a script)

How about this for a third option: look at iw with an editor (again,
assuming it's a script) and find out what it's modprobing. Search the 'net
for helper modules that might be needed for that/those modules. Create a
script that insmod's that/those modules and call it modprobe and put it in
your path. The downside to this is if any other programs you'll install
will call modprobe they will run this same script and maybe try to load
modules that are already loaded.

James