baslinux - Re: Printing with gs , was Re: [BL] Writing to /tmp

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Printing with gs , was Re: [BL] Writing to /tmp
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 13:31:48 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, sindi keesan wrote:

> I was just informed by the person who helped me compile gs that this is a
> form designed to be filled in (electronically?) which gs cannot yet handle
> correctly. If I had longer paper I could print it on that.

Take a piece a scrap paper and some scotch tape and tape the scrap piece
to the back of a good piece such that about 2/3 of the scrap hangs out
over the good one. Feed that into your printer, scrap end first. It may
take a bit of trial and error to get the exact placement of the scrap
paper right, but I would think the second attempt should work if the first
doesn't.

> keesan.freeshell.org/gs850.pdf
>
> James, could you post this please, with a note that it requires BL2 with
> glibc2.2.5 (might work in BL3 with upgraded glibc), includes epson and
> okidata printers but not bmp or fax formats as devices, has been tested as
> working with epson and deskjet drivers, and on files that are all image or
> all text, and requires x11 to display because lvga256lib and vgalib would
> not compile.
>
> mkdir /usr/local/share/ghostscript/fonts and copy over the old ghostscript
> fonts from /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts (or unpackage the SW71 gs fonts
> package and copy them manually to that location).

Is this really a pdf file? I'll try and get to it soon. Lots to do at the
moment, so forgive any delay.

James