baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 and WP8 - report

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 and WP8 - report
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 22:26:00 -0600 (CST)

It worked! Installing grep from Slack 4.0 caused the installation to
complete. But the binary won't run: when I give the path to the binary at
the command line I get a splash screen, a small popup window, then the
whole thing exits. It says "Segmentation fault" after the exit in the
xterm. Also, the prompt in the xterm is a little wierd: opening an
xterm, the first line says:

---------------------------------------
sh: getcwd(): No such file or directory

And to the left of the command prompt there appears:

(unkown)<#>

I don't recall seeing that before. My other BL3 partition has just

----
/<#>
----

at this place. Suggestions for diagnosing the segfault? Other
input/explanations?

James