baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 and WP8 - report

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 and WP8 - report
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 15:46:19 +1300

James Miller wrote:

> It's still failing. BUT, fortunately, Busybox seems to
> contain Top. Switching to another console and running
> Top I see egrep at the top of the list consuming 98.8%
> of CPU cycles.

Good thinking.

> Does this tell you anything?

Yes, that's a mighty good hint.

> Is it maybe calling grep with some unusual switches the
> Busybox grep doesn't understand?

Something is going wrong there. Either egrep is faulty
or the file(s) it is processing is faulty.

> Do I need the full grep/egrep next?

Yes. Hopefully that will eliminate the problem and the
wp8 installation will proceed (at least until it hits
a different problem).

If the new (e)grep doesn't fix the problem, we'll need
to take a closer look at what egrep is doing in the
installation script.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru