baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 and WP8 - report

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 and WP8 - report
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 17:49:58 +1300

James Miller wrote:

> Warning: ... found while parsing '<key> osfDown:MenuTraverseDown()'
>
> That's on the last line that appears in the xterm from
> which I started the install routine.

Are you required to start the installation routine
from an xterm? If not, I suggest you try it from
the CLI.

> I get the message "Installation Successful" in the xterm.
> And the cpu meter normalizes. But the files aren't in the
> directory I instructed the install routine to put them in.

As expected, the problem is in the installation routine.
It reaches "Installation Successful" because it doesn't
realize that one (or more) of its calls is failing.

> Looks to me like an inexplicable failure.

There is an explanation somewhere. We just have to figure
out the point of failure.

> Perhaps it doesn't like the directory I'm trying
> to install it to (/usr/share/wp8)?

Did you use the same directory for your (successful)
installation on Slackware 4.0 ?

> Unknown keysym name: osfHelp
> Unknown keysym name: osfLeft
> Unknown keysym name: osfRight
> Unknown keysym name: osfUp
> Unknown keysym name: osfDown
> Unknown keysym name: osfActivate
> Unknown keysym name: osfCancel
> Unknown keysym name: osfBeginLine

Those are all defined in XKeysymDB. I suggest you get
that file from Slackware and put it in /usr/lib/X11/
The XErrorDB file usually goes with XKeysymDB so you
might want to copy that too (into /usr/lib/X11)

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru