baslinux - Re: [BL] Can BL1 and Bl3 share a partition?

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Can BL1 and Bl3 share a partition?
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 17:04:04 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> Rather than copying Bl1 somewhere else (via plip or
> serial cable with pppd), repartitioning into 50 and
> 150MB partitions, and copying it back again, can we
> mount bl3 / on /dev/hda1/bl3

No.

> Would we be better off with two separation partitions instead?

Probably.

> Steven, you say you compiled a 2.4 kernel for Bl3.
> Did it include usb support?

No.

> If not, would you be willing to compile a 2.4 kernel
> with USB support

No. After conducting my experiment I deleted the 2.4
source code. I suggest you use a usb kernel from
Slackware.

> that we could use on newer computers with Bl3 and Bl2?

I'm not interested in modifying BasicLinux for newer
computers (which have lots of distributions to choose
from). The purpose of BL3 is provide a useful Linux
for 486s and early Pentiums.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru