baslinux - Re: [BL] Wireless Card in BL2

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: Basic Linux Mailling List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Wireless Card in BL2
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 20:56:40 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Joel wrote:

> I'm finally starting to get this pcmcia thing in linux!
> However, I'm still looking for the right kernel. I downloaded the
> pcmcia.tgz package from delilinux, and it appears to have all the
> appropriate modules for my device. I also installed a new kernel: bare.i
> from the Slack 7.1. I now realize that this is not a 2.2.26 kernel. I'm
> wondering if somebody could /please/ find me a kernel that is wireless
> and 2.2.26. Perhaps I should download a Slack 8.0 bare.i kernel, but I
> really don't know slack like you guy do. So if anybody know kernels,
> that would be an enormous help.

Why didn't you try the delilinux kernel? If he provides 2.2.26 modules,
that means that he must also use the 2.2.26 kernel. That's what I
remember it using. Have you thought of trying it?

James

PS You definitely need to find out what chipset your wireless card uses
and search the 'net to see if Linux (any Linux) even supports it. You'll
have wasted alot of time if you only find out later that it's not even
supported under Linux yet.