baslinux - Re: [BL] serial networking and telnet server - the solution

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] serial networking and telnet server - the solution
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 08:42:44 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> pppd /dev/ttyS0 115200 ip-number-1:ip-number-2 crtscts local
>
> Where do I specify the ip numbers in DOS, which file?

In DOS TCP/IP networking, the ip numbers are usually
specified in the application itself (eg telnet).
So first you execute the appropriate packetdriver
(which is like a module in Linux) and then the
application (which usually comes with a config
file that has a place for the ip numbers).

> Do I call this com1 rather than /dev/ttyS0?
> epppd is a DOS port of pppd.

You normally use the DOS designation (com1, com2, etc.)
with DOS routines.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru