baslinux - Re: [BL] Connecting via ethernet

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Connecting via ethernet
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 18:18:31 -0400 (EDT)

> I don't remember including a net.i in BL2. Do you mean
> the one from Slackware 7.1?
Yes.

> > The SW71 net.i kernel worked fine with my PCI cards.
>
> That's what I said before. A recent net.i works better
> with recent cards. An old net.i works better with old
> cards. For ISA cards, I always use the net.i from
> Slackware 3.2. It has never let me down.
>
> > Is there some way to determine that for the winbond 906
>
> Is it ISA? If so, see what the Slack32 net.i says.

I will try this, but my diagnostic program (DOS 906setup.zip) already gave
me the address and IRQ and tho things appear to be working (ifconfig eth0
192.168.1.1 followed by route gives a line with eth0 in it) I cannot send
packages via ping in either direction.

Is this a sign of a dead card, or might I be doing something wrong?

I have one other ne2000 ISA card to try next, the 3com etherlink III.
I have DOS diagnostic software for this to determine if it is dead.