baslinux - Re: [BL] Connecting via ethernet

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Connecting via ethernet
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 08:23:04 +1200

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> > Which version of net.i? I've found that the one in
> > Slackware 3.2 is best at diagnozing ne2000 cards.
>
> I used the one that you included in BL2.

I don't remember including a net.i in BL2. Do you mean
the one from Slackware 7.1?

> The SW71 net.i kernel worked fine with my PCI cards.

That's what I said before. A recent net.i works better
with recent cards. An old net.i works better with old
cards. For ISA cards, I always use the net.i from
Slackware 3.2. It has never let me down.

> Is there some way to determine that for the winbond 906

Is it ISA? If so, see what the Slack32 net.i says.