baslinux - Re: [BL] Connecting via ethernet

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Connecting via ethernet
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 12:18:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 13 May 2004, Andrew Langdon-Davies wrote:

> > I will try this, but my diagnostic program (DOS 906setup.zip) already
> > gave
> > me the address and IRQ and tho things appear to be working (ifconfig eth0
> > 192.168.1.1 followed by route gives a line with eth0 in it) I cannot send
> > packages via ping in either direction.
> >
> > Is this a sign of a dead card, or might I be doing something wrong?
>
> Presumably you have checked ifconfig and route from both ends?

I set up both computers (one with a known working Kingston (tulip.o) card
and the other with the winbond 906 insmod 8390 insmod ne 0x300 irq=10 and
then ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.1 (the correct module and then ...1.2 on the
tulip machine) and then route on both and both machines gave me two lines,
one with eth0 and one with lo. With two tulip cards, or a realtek 8029,
or a winbond 940, it worked and I could transfer. With this card I could
not ping (or transfer files).

I will try another card now, the ISA 3com and/or some new pci models.