baslinux - Re: [BL] Probs with 3.21

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Probs with 3.21
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 08:23:31 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 15 May 2004, Sheldon Isaac wrote:

> But James said the below just a few days ago, so I was hoping to run mini-
> mc under BL3.

<snip>

> So what's a good file manager for BL3, then? I was quite pleased with MC
> under BL 2.1.
>
> "On Thu, 13 May 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:
> > I think somebody tried the BL1 mini-mc and found it worked OK
>
> True, true, 'twas I. The version at the BL1 download site installed and
> ran fine for me under BL3 during the brief window of time I was able to
> experiment with it. That was the one packaged by Chris when he was
> maintaining BL1, wasn't it?

I think maybe terminology is the point of confusion here. So far as I
know, mini-mc is a package created by JP (maintainer of Drinou Linux) that
installs fine under BL2, and is very small. The package for BL1 is simply
called mc.tgz, and was packaged by Steven. The main way of
differentiating between the two is by which site you find them at:
mini-mc.tgz should be at JP's Drinou site, and on my BL2 download site.
mc.tgz should be at the old BL1 site and at my BL1 download site. So,
make sure you go to a *BL1 download site*, then locate a package called
mc.tgz. That's the package that installed and ran fine for me under BL3
when I took a bit of time for testing it. It should also work on your BL3
installation.

James