baslinux - Re: [BL] Probs with 3.21

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <sisaac AT netaxs.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Probs with 3.21
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 07:17:21 -0400

Sheldon said the part with "> >" at the left end of the lines.
> > I downloaded BL3.21 and unzipped it to C:\baslin
> > Then I executed BOOT.BAT from DOS
> > BL3 booted fine.

Steven said the lines starting with ">"
> libc5

> > Then I did
> > pkg mini-mc.tgz
> > Then I said
> > mc
> > I even changed to /usr/bin, where mc was sitting in plain sight.
> > it didn't work

> glibc2 ?
> Cheers, Steven

But James said the below just a few days ago, so I was hoping to run mini-
mc under BL3.

I'm sorry, Steven, I am not 'on top of' libratries and compiling and such.

So what's a good file manager for BL3, then? I was quite pleased with MC
under BL 2.1.

"On Thu, 13 May 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:
> I think somebody tried the BL1 mini-mc and found it worked OK

True, true, 'twas I. The version at the BL1 download site installed and
ran fine for me under BL3 during the brief window of time I was able to
experiment with it. That was the one packaged by Chris when he was
maintaining BL1, wasn't it?

James"