baslinux - Re: [BL] Connecting via ethernet

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Connecting via ethernet
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 08:17:12 +1200

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> > That should be: insmod 3c509 io=0x300
>
> Thanks for the correction, but it turns out I also need to add irq=10

AFAIK, with one NIC, all you need is: insmod 3c509

> Do you mean other ISA cards than ne2000 don't need the address?

I have used four different types of ISA cards with Linux.
Only the ne2000 required a parameter.

> Is ne2000 a standard,

It is the most common standard for ISA NICs.

> Two PCI cards use ne2k-pci, another standard?

That's just the PCI version of ne. Same as pcnet is the PCMCIA
version of ne.

BL3 comes with modules for all three versions (ne, ne2k-pci,
pcnet_cs) plus the helper module (8390) which they all require.

If so, why did the 100Mbit