baslinux - [BL] Re: connecting via Ethernet

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <sisaac AT netaxs.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Re: connecting via Ethernet
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 17:05:33 -0400

On 9 May 2004 at 13:12, Sindi Keesan wrote:
> Will try networking between two computers later today.
>
> On Sun, 9 May 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:
>
> > Sindi Keesan wrote:
> > >
> > > Secnod card (with BNC connector). RTL8029AS. No RTLs, but
> > > I found Realtek and it takes ne ne2k-pci.
> >
> > My realtek NIC uses the rtl8139 module. What does the net.i
> > kernel say?

I have done very very little with Linux for months.

Today I groggily got both these computers running (BL 2.1) , and in their
respective /etc/rc.d/rc.S files, among other things there are lines to

insmod rtl8139.0

and

insmod 3c59x.o

(Actually the second one gives the full path to the 3c59x.o ; probably
that's not needed?)

I guess 3c59x.o means it's a 3com card - don't remember - it's what came
with my $55 computer from last Sept or Oct.

The one in this computer is a Belkin F5D5000 (according to Windows), but
I think I saw some other name for it. I guess I got the two .o files for
the cards from Slackware or ???