baslinux - Re: [BL] repartitioning for linux?

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] repartitioning for linux?
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 23:38:58 -0400 (EDT)

Ron wrote:>
> I have installed two new HD on separate machines, one 20 GB and one 40
> GB.
> Both machines run MSDOS 6.20 as their main OS.

I heard 6.20 was better than 6.22 but I forget why. Why?

> For both, I used fdisk, from a BL2 RAM boot, to partition into 4
> separate primary partitions. 2 and 3 on each HD were 2 GB DOS
> partitions, my greatest need, and 2 and 1 were set to Native Linux.

Did you mean 4 and 3 were DOS?
What is the rule about something booting from the first 8 MB?

> The DOS partitions needed Nortons Disk Doctor to setup properly.
> After that, I simply installed the Linux distros I wanted into the
> partitions I had set aside for them.

What did you use Disk Doctor for that fdisk could not do? Which linux
distros do you use and how much space do they occupy? Do you use more
than one and if so why?