baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 Preliminary report

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 Preliminary report
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 19:48:38 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Sindi Keesan wrote:

> Still on BL3 first edition. Trying add-ons.

Lynx from SW3.2 (2.6) works fine with BL3, no need for zlib, but it will
not access my webmail site. Links-ssl worked at this webmail site except
that the cursor disappeared in some screens. Lynx puts me in little
circles when I try to log in. It works with the lynx.cfg from the later
version.

Lynx from SW4.0 is larger and needs zlib. Version 2.8.1. I need zlib to
try it. Forgot how to mount cds in older linux or I would try from SW3.2
CD. I insmod'ed two CD modules (cdrom.o and ide-cd).

Tried mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /mnt. No such device.
Tried in the other CD-ROM drive /hdd. No such device.

I will download the package for SW4.0 and try the later lynx.