baslinux - [BL] BL3 screensaver

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL3 screensaver
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 00:05:33 -0500 (EST)

I left BL3 on the screen and forgot about it, after using X (rxvt does
have a cursor when you move the mouse X to it, and after that too, but I
still have no idea how to enlarge the window by right-clicking on the big
X in upper right) and exiting X and doing an ls, getting a list of files
in color. The rest of the screen was full of white characters before and
after the list of colored files (mostly blue).

I came back after an hour or so and noticed that there were only colored
characters on the screen (what the ls produced) and the white ones were
gone. I hit 'any key' and the white characters returned.

Is this a feature or a bug (another video oddity)?

This is the AMD K6 where other things are behaving properly (no missing
characters in mail menu or setupX menu).

What duration is the screen saver set to?