baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 screensaver

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 screensaver
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:10:23 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Sindi Keesan wrote:
> >
> > I came back after an hour or so and noticed that there were
> > only colored characters on the screen (what the ls produced)
> > and the white ones were gone.
>
> Screen blanking.

I am used to screen blanking, but not to its being selective about what
colors to blank. It blanked out the white but not the blue or other
colors. What does this accomplish and is it intentional?
I thought screen blanking prevented burn-in and saved power - but why
leave everything colored unblanked?