baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3-01.zip

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3-01.zip
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:27:09 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> > Looks like I won't be recommending links-ssl as an add-on.
>
> It works nicely for webmail and other sites needing logins.
> It even works better than lynx for filling in forms. Just
> does not do images (for me, anyway).

Does links-ssl use the the links.conf file in /root/.links ?
That's where the image associations are set. If you press:
ESC-Setup-Associations-Modify in links-ssl, you will be able
to see what associations (if any) it recognizes.

BTW at the site where you downloaded links-ssl is another
version of links:
------------------------------
links 467kb 11/03/02
links-ssl 406kb 05/19/01
Since that version is bigger and more recent, it might do
more of what you want.

> I thought it was Xvesa that had problems with things like
> himem.sys and emm386.exe

So does loadlin.exe. The fact that Xvesa crashes because
of something left over from DOS, makes me wonder if similar
(but not so spectacular) problems might be occuring elsewhere.

Prior to this, I assumed that once Linux booted, all DOS
traces were obliterated and Linux had a clean run. Not so.