baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 Preliminary report

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 Preliminary report
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 00:10:45 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Sindi Keesan wrote:
> >
> > Users coming from unix or linux are more likely to type
> > pico than edit.

The unix user who stopped by here to look at bl3 tried to use pico, not
vi. The people who use my bbs for mail almost all use pine with pico.
People who have been using BL2 might also expect pico to work.

Probably some of them also know how to use vi. Maybe you could have
'edit' point to plain e3 and pico point to e3pi? Make everyone happy that
way, I hope. For a few more byte,s you could have a 'vi' pointing to
e3vi.

My DOS computers don't have edit. I use the DR-DOS editor, which I think
is named editor (we have renamed it dredit).