baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:12:41 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Ron Clarke wrote:

> OK, its up and running. Now how do I add the fun stuff, like mc and
> zgv
> and so on ? There doesn't seem to be any installpkg or pkgtool, so
> presumably
> we have to get stuff from SW3.5 (or get statically compiled stuff from
> DeliLinux ?),
> and manually "gunzip" and then distribute the bits. Or something else ?

It appears to use the pkg script for installing, just like BL1. I just
tried installing MC from the BL1 site this way and it worked. There must
be some limitations to what can be installed (dependency conflicts,
missing libs, etc). Steven will of course have better ideas about that.
I suppose some experimentation will be involved in working out the
specifics.

James