baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:27:48 +1300

James Miller wrote:

> I just tried installing MC from the BL1 site this way and it worked.

That's interesting news. I would have guessed that mc needed
the ncurses library (which BL3 lacks). So, it looks like we
have our second add-on (Sindi has added links-ssl, I think).

> There must be some limitations to what can be installed (dependency
> conflicts, missing libs, etc).

ldd will tell you which libraries are missing. BL3 provides
fewer libraries than BL1 and BL2, so missing libraries are
more likely.

> I suppose some experimentation will be involved

Lots of experimentation.