baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT acepia.net.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:31:05 +1100

Hi Steven,

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 13:00:45 +1300
3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> OK, BasicLinux 3.00 is now available:
> http://www.volny.cz/basiclinux/bl3-00.zip

I got it and set it up in c:\baslin as per instructions.

It boots up to the CLI without a hitch.

Unfortunately, startx does not go so well. :(

I get the following:

X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
<about 15 or 20 times, then:>
swm: Cannot open display, giving up
MENU: cannot open display

and return to the CLI.

I run MSDOS 6.20, on an AMD K6 400 MHz with 64 MB RAM and a Diamond
Stealth (S3) 2 MB video card.
The monitor is a nearly new AOC flat screen 17".
My drive C: is a 1.2 GB Quantum Fireball running under a disk manager for
DOS.

FWIW: I could never get xvesa to boot, from any drive, with or without
autoexec.bat and config.sys.

Any ideas ? Am I supposed to set up a network first ?

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke