baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3-01.zip

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3-01.zip
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 21:49:10 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> BasicLinux 3.01 is now available:
> http://www.volny.cz/basiclinux/bl3-01.zip
>
> boots from hda1, hda2, hda3, hda4, hdb1, hdc1, hdd1
> bug in mail setup fixed
> mailto capability added to links
> manpage for swm
> TERM in rxvt changed from linux to xterm

I am still playing with the older version and cannot get any cursor (even
with mouse X in the rxvt) when I try to use telnet or e3pi from rxvt.
Will the TERM change fix this? I could edit files but not see where I
was.

Lynx works in rxvt and I was able to view gifs and jpegs by editing
lynx.cfg, removing the # in front of the line that has instructions above
it to provide the full path to xli. There was also a choice of xv instead
on another line. The screen is somewhat scrambled at times in lynx
(pieces of the previous page still appear on the next page) so I may need
to get the later libncurses unless someone has a better idea. I want to
try it anyway for Kermit, which wont' work right now (floating point
problem).

I will try the most recent version after we get a disk formatted with
DR-DOS. DO I understand correctly that you can put baslin in c:\ d: e: or
f: on the first drive and in the first partition of other drives?
I will check out mailto: also, thanks. Might not be for a few days.