sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] cross grimoire dependencies

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jason AT flattfamily.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] cross grimoire dependencies
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 23:41:57 -0700

On Thursday 10 July 2003 03:02 pm, Geoffrey Derber wrote:

> Well, like I said in another email, I'm just trying to get the ideas
> flowing. We can eliminate the bad ideas later, but for now, I'd like to
> get ideas down so we can begin to take care of the problem.
>
> We'd still need a way to specify the suggested grimoire needed, which
> this would still do. Would we really want to prompt to see if they want
> to download the alternate grimoire. Maybe if it was an optional
> depends, but for a required depends I think we should just download the
> thing.
>
> Geoff

I respectfully disagree. I do sometimes kill a cast when I see a depends,
required or not, that I'm not ready to install. I think I would want to know
that a spell was going to install a grimoire and give me the option of
bailing out if I chose to.

--
Jason Flatt (jason @ flattfamily . com)
Father of five (http://www.flattfamily.com/)