sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] cross grimoire dependencies

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Geoffrey Derber <Geoffrey.Derber AT Trinity.edu>
  • To: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] cross grimoire dependencies
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 18:59:52 -0500

Sergey A. Lipnevich wrote:
I think that we don't "have" a multi-grimoire approach, but that we're stuck with the multi-grimoire approach. I'm trying to say politely that this was a wrong decision that introduced problems that we're trying to discuss without analyzing the cause.

surely have to deal with the update problem, but that should take place
in another thread. ;-)

I'm trying to steer discussion in a way that I think is more productive. I may be wrong, but that kind of goes with every message I send.

Sergey.

I think it's a problem we'd have to deal with anyways. Largely because even if we did not split our grimoire, we allow other people to create their own, and with growth, I'm seeing more public custom grimiores. If people start using these other grimoire too, we'd still have to deal with this issue.

The other way would be to go completely back to the way we were prior to allowing multiple grimoires.

Geoff