sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] cross grimoire dependencies

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Martin Ruderer <martin AT lddd.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] cross grimoire dependencies
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:15:09 +0200

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:58:38 -0700 (PDT)
"Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us> wrote:

> Heh, hadn't thought of those. :) Yes, perhaps checking if the spell
> is available first, then requesting to add a grimoire second. As for
> devel/test/stable, we could just call those 'default' or some such for
> these purposes, or we could assume (most likely safely) that one of
> those(at least) is installed, so we'd never say 'depends
> default/<spell>' (I meant to mention that condition before, otherwise
> we'd have to change every spell's DEPENDS, and that would be a Bad
> Thing(TM)).

How about having a command like
"grimoire_depends $grimoire $LISTOFSPELLS" in our grimoires for
inter-grimoire depends? It would install $grimoire if one of the spells
doesn't exist in currently installed grimoires. That could keep the
official grimoires consistent and wouldn't affect "user grimoires".

(Just a short shot)

--
Martin