permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Rhus antidotes/preventatives

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rick Valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Rhus antidotes/preventatives
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 08:56:30 -0700

> Have you had any experience with rhus homeopathics?

I have used them often and both before exposure and after welts develop; I
only very rarely have to resort to Caladryl or Cortisone cream.

When I was a kid we'd rub smashed Jewell weed on areas where we'd contacted
poison ivy; can't tell if it worked- I'd never reacted back then.

Staying away from poison oak is not an option in the Willamette Valley or
southwards in Oregon.

Marv Hegge said it was major browse for his cattle; he never mentioned any
problems with it.
-Rick