permaculture - Re: [permaculture] true relief for P Oak, P Ivy

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Loren Davidson <loren@farwalker.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] true relief for P Oak, P Ivy
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 20:13:19 -0800

At 07:46 PM 10/27/02 -0800, Treesa Jane Rogerson wrote:
Dr Andrew Weil suggested what intuition did as a kid.

HE says when it is bad, and itching crazy, after it has already become a
rash:

Expose the affected area to hot running water, as hot as can stand it.

You'll experience a skin-gasm that will feel so satisfying yet itch like
crazy for just a moment. What you are doing is overloading the nerves
sending the 'itch' message to the brain.

Hmmm...that sounds like a solution for the itching, but based on what I've read, may actually spread the urushiol oils to other parts of your body, which leaves the cause intact...though I could be wrong...

Treesa
Santa Cruz County, dark under the redwoods, CA, on a small ridge between two
small tributaries of the San Lorenzo river.

(waving across the hills from the East Bay)

Loren

Loren Davidson Earth steward, healer, singer/songwriter
loren@farwalker.com http://www.earthspring.org/loren/
AIM: loren334 ICQ: 65291610
Loren's album & music info: http://www.lorendavidson.com
"There is no key to the Universe. It was never locked." - www.nancybuttons.com