permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: roundup

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: roundup
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:23:14 -0700

Mark wrote:

Deep breath Larry. I have looked into this fairy deeply and simply

I think you missed something, Mark. Look deeper.

don't worry about it any more. Given all the leaky hydraulic systems and drippy engines I see on organic farms I would guess I'm doing less damage to the soil than those folks.

That's the one right there:

> I have yet to see anyone provide
> any real evidence that glphophate is all that bad,

Pure glyphosate, I have heard, may not be persistent in the environment
and only harmful to plants over the short term; correct me if I'm wrong.
Its what's in Roundup that's so harmful, polyacrylamide, surfactant, spreader sticker and no telling what else, that is so persistent and damaging to life in the soil. Regular use around trees can kill them over time.

But I am probably preaching to the choir, you knew all this already, right?

and frankly get damn sick of the purist extremists off all stripes, green, red, GOP,

I am one of the most extreme purist extremists you will ever find in your lifetime and I won't be backing off my position ever. And there are millions more just like me.

Take some time off and register for a PDC course somewhere. You
would find it enlightening and probably attitude changing.

--
L.F.London
lfl@intrex.net