permaculture - [permaculture] true relief for P Oak, P Ivy

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Treesa Jane Rogerson" <treemail@cruzio.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] true relief for P Oak, P Ivy
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 19:46:17 -0800

Dr Andrew Weil suggested what intuition did as a kid.

HE says when it is bad, and itching crazy, after it has already become a
rash:

Expose the affected area to hot running water, as hot as can stand it.

You'll experience a skin-gasm that will feel so satisfying yet itch like
crazy for just a moment. What you are doing is overloading the nerves
sending the 'itch' message to the brain. The relief will last many hours
after the hot water, and scrathcing will not be a temptation at all. When
it starts up again, go back to the hot water. With repeated and
conscientous hot water application it was maybe 2 showers a day or 3 when
worst), the nerves will exhaust themselves and the healing cycle will finish
sooner.

This is coming from a gal who has had it like NO OTHER!!! and has tried many
many things, and this is the only and least disgusting or laborious solution
for me. Somehow I am not so afraid any more. I call it Love Oak, with
intention, no doubt, to retain our boundaries/

Treesa
Santa Cruz County, dark under the redwoods, CA, on a small ridge between two
small tributaries of the San Lorenzo river. Planning to limb up soon, to
taste some sunlight.

Lands Alive : Ecology By Design

treemail@yahoo.com