permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Roundup - agree with Flick

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: PacificEdge <pacedge@magna.com.au>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Roundup - agree with Flick
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:08:30 +1000

On Friday, October 25, 2002, at 06:34 AM, John Irwin wrote:

So what are the best alternatives to Roundup? - I've heard
some here about vinegar, but it didn't work for me. What
formulas do work?

There seemed to be some promise for boiling water too.
Any success here - How close to boiling does it need to be?

Yes, boiling water does work but may need successive applications dependent on the weed species.

In Sydney, Jeremy Winer of Marsupilal Landscapes has developed a trailer-mounted technology that uses steam to kill weeds. it is currently in use by Leichhardt Council.

Russ Grayson
Sydney, Australia