market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] peppers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Ken Bezilla <kenbez AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] peppers
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 15:23:03 +0000

This has been really interesting reading!

On our own farm here in central Virginia, we haven't noticed any difference in pepper production this year; we've got them on drip and heavily mulched with hay, so perhaps that made the difference for us.  (That, and not quite having the high temperatures that others had?  It's been hotter than usual here, but other folks have certainly had it hotter!)

On the other hand, our eggplants have produced much less (even with drip and mulch), and our pole beans didn't set any beans at all in August (just now putting out a nice flush of beans).

Ken Bezilla
Acorn Community Farm
central VA